Code of Conduct
Geethaanjali has set a clear set of standards for student behavior and expect our students to conform to the traditions of this school.
The school disciplinary committee will address all student behavioural issues. Any problem brought up to the committee will be dealt with after a fair hearing. If there is reasonable cause the matter will be raised up to the school management and appropriate action will be determined.
The school grievance committee is a body that will address problems that student’s may have, against one another, with teachers, administrators, or any other parties. Students are encouraged to approach this committee and raise any problems or questions they may have. The committee will deal with these problems in a discreet manner and will work to resolve the student’s issues. If the problem is against any of the committee members then please raise the issue with the Principal or management.
Career Development Committee:
Our experienced career counsellors interact closely with students to understand their interests and capabilities. They also provide opportunities that expose students to different career options and guide them in navigating the college/university choices for higher education. These counsellors also communicate with parents to help their children make the right career choices.
General Rules and regulations:
- Students should treat school staff with respect at all times and be courteous to fellow students.
- Students will refrain from damaging any form of school property. The school reserves the right to be compensated by the student for any such damages.
- Students will refrain from littering and keep the school premises clean.
- Unacceptable behavior including but not limited to irregular attendance, academic dishonesty, neglect of homework, disruptive behavior, loitering and disrespectful behavior towards staff or fellow students will result in serious disciplinary action.
- Any form of bullying or ragging will result in a disciplinary committee review and could result in expulsion with a negative conduct certificate.
- Any misbehavior or violation of school discipline will be dealt with by the disciplinary committee and corrective action will be taken. In extreme cases parents will be called in to discuss the child’s behavior and may lead to suspension or expulsion from the school.
- The medium of instruction is English at Geethaanjali, and students are expected to communicate in English at all times.
- It is compulsory to bring the school issued ID card to school every day. Not bringing the ID card could result in the child not being allowed into the school premises.
- For safety and security, parents should refrain from sending money with their child without specific written notice from the school.
- For safety and security, parents should refrain from sending valuables (like expensive jewelry, electronic items, etc.) to school
- Expensive gifts, sweets, cakes or any other gifts to staff and students are not allowed for birthday celebrations. If interested, parents may contribute books to the school library.
- Parent can meet teachers only during parent teacher meetings or on Saturdays. Meeting teachers during school hours is strictly prohibited
- Neat and perfect uniform is compulsory on all working days.
- Proper uniform is to be worn as per the day order.
- Shoes should be maintained neat and tidy with the laces properly tied. Socks should be washed & changed every day.
- Avoid fancy, costly items or any attractive accessories (long ear rings, bangles, watches, etc.). The school shall not be responsible for loss of any such items.
- Gold & Silver ornaments are strictly prohibited, for the safety of your child
- Boys should trim their hair periodically and girls should tie their hair neatly with black band.
- Nails should be periodically cleaned and trimmed.
- Do provide a set of labeled spare dress for K.G. children, which shall be retained in the school itself.
- Only fruits, vegetables, fresh juices, sprouts and nuts are allowed for snacks. The school does not provide any eatables.
- Noodles, junk foods, bottle juices, bakery products and oily items are strictly prohibited.
- The lunch kit comprise of two towels, spoon, fork and enough water for your child.
- Lunch should be accompanied with vegetables / greens compulsorily daily.
- Kindly send the right quantity of snacks and lunch for your child.
- Avoid sending food in very costly containers. The school shall not be responsible for loss of such items.
- Do label your child’s name in all his/her belongings.
Attendance and regularity:
- The students should attend their classes punctually with the lessons well prepared.
- Do ensure that every day your child is brought at least 5 minutes early to the boarding point of School vehicle, so as to avoid time delay.
- The students should be inside the School campus at least 10 minutes before the School Assembly, which starts at 8.35 AM. If the school timings is not followed continuously, strict actions will be taken.
- Frequent or long absenteeism will be severely dealt with, unless there is a genuine reason for the same.
- No leaves are allowed during the Summative Assessments, reopening or closing day of a term. Request for re-test for Summative Assessments will not be encouraged.
- Do ensure that your child completes his/her home task regularly, by acknowledging your signature in the diary every day.
- One month written notice to the School Management is compulsory, whenever the withdrawal of your child from the school is necessary.
- If your child has any specific allergy or physical illness, kindly do inform the class teacher and the School Authorities regarding the matter as soon as possible.
- Kindly note that in case of any sickness, immediate First Aid will be provided by the School Authorities. In case of any emergency, your child will be hospitalized locally and intimation will be sent to the parent / guardian by the quickest possible means.